BEGINNER Sampler Blanket Knitting Pattern
My sampler blanket knitting pattern features 12 different stitch designs, all with a skill level of beginner.
PLEASE NOTE that this blanket is the same I shared during my “12 Blocks for Xmas” KAL in 2018. Although this is a revised version, in high quality PDF format and with some extra features, each individual block pattern can be found in my blog.
All the blocks share the same characteristics:
– have the same number of sts
– have the same number of rows
– they’re knitted with the same needle size
– require a skill level of BEGINNER (only use knits and purls!)
Of course, in addition to using them as blocks for the blanket, they are also great patterns to use as dishcloths / washcloths!
The high quality PDF file includes:
– US and Metric needle sizing and dimensions.
– charted and written row-by-row instructions for each block
– control tables, specially designed for novice knitters. Each table has integrated row-by-row instructions of edge and pattern sts to avoid confusion, and boxes you can check as you finish each row
– notes about joining the blocks
Each block is approximately 10” x 10” (25 cm x 25 cm) in size. So, if you only knit 1 of each it will be possible for you to assemble a Stroller / Baby size blanket. And, if you want to produce a larger blanket, you can choose your favorite patterns and knit more than one of them. The pattern includes a table with the sizes of standard blanket to help you plan your blanket.
You can change the yarn weight and needle size to obtain different sized blocks. Send me a message if you need help.
– 1 straight needle US 8 (5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
– 1 pair of straight needles US 7 (4.5 mm).
– For EACH BLOCK: approx. 95 yds (87 m) of worsted / aran yarn. OR 190 yds (174 m) of fingering or sport yarn USED DOUBLE.
– Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
18.5 sts x 25 rows in stocking st with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
CO: cast on
BO: bind off.
– If you have any doubt or need help, do not hesitate to write me a message. I will reply ASAP.
Thanks for stopping by, and HAPPY KNITTING!!
You’re welcome to sell your items produced from Oh La Lana! patterns 🙂 But you may not re-sale or re-distribute commercially my patterns in any manner. Thank you in advance for being respectful with my work!