Number 1 Knitting pattern: NUMBERS Series
Another series begin! This will be a short one. Numbers 1 to 9, 0, and I’m thinking to include # and *. That way, we can create a funny little blanket or rug that looks like a phone display 😀
The entire pattern is written and charted below.
Have a lovely day,
If you want to add my number 1 knitting pattern to your Ravelry library, click here.
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE. If you support me on Patreon, you can find the PDF ready to download there 🙂
- 1 straight needle US 7 (4.5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
- 1 pair of straight needles US 6 (4 mm).
- Approx. 70 yds (64 m) of DK yarn (8 ply). OR 140 yds (128 m) of light fingering yarn (approx 3 ply) USED DOUBLE.
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
GAUGE / TENSION
21 sts x 28 rows in stocking st with US 6 (4 mm needles) and DK yarn = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
NOTE: the gauge / tension is not particularly important to make dishcloths. The final measure of my square, with my tension, is 8.5” x 8.5” (22 cm x 22 cm).
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working for 55 rows as follows:
4 garter sts, Number 1 Pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
Number 1 knitting pattern: WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Row 1) and every following odd row (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p all sts
Row 4) p all sts
Row 6) p14, k10, p11
Row 8) p14, k10, p11
Row 10) p14, k10, p11
Row 12) p14, k10, p11
Row 14) p16, k6, p13
Row 16) p16, k6, p13
Row 18) p16, k6, p13
Row 20) p16, k6, p13
Row 22) p16, k6, p13
Row 24) p16, k6, p13
Row 26) p16, k6, p13
Row 28) p16, k6, p13
Row 30) p16, k6, p13
Row 32) p5, k7, p4, k6, p13
Row 34) p6, k7, p3, k6, p13
Row 36) p7, k7, p2, k6, p13
Row 38) p8, k7, p1, k6, p13
Row 40) p9, k13, p13
Row 42) p10, k12, p13
Row 44) p11, k11, p13
Row 46) p12, k10, p13
Row 48) p13, k9, p13
Row 50) p14, k8, p13
Row 52) p all sts
Row 54) p all sts
Row 55) k all sts
Number 1 knitting pattern: CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
k all sts, all rows.