Third pattern of my Alphabet dishcloths series 🙂 If you want to add it to your Ravelry library, click here.
PS: you can also use this pattern as a blanket block. It has the same number of stitches and rows as my “52 square pickup” ones 😉
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE.
ALPHABET DISHCLOTH: C
- 1 straight needle US 7 (4.5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
- 1 pair of straight needles US 6 (4 mm).
- Approx. 70 yds (64 m) of DK yarn (8 ply). OR 140 yds (128 m) of light fingering yarn (approx 3 ply) USED DOUBLE.
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
GAUGE / TENSION
21 sts x 28 rows in stocking st with US 6 (4 mm needles) and DK yarn = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
NOTE: the gauge / tension is not particularly important to make dishcloths. The final measure of my square, with my tension, is 8.5” x 8.5” (22 cm x 22 cm).
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working for 55 rows as follows:
4 garter sts, C Pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
C PATTERN: WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Row 1) and every following odd row (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p all sts
Row 4) p all sts
Row 6) p12, k11, p12
Row 8) p7, k21, p7
Row 10) p5, k25, p5
Row 12) p4, k27, p4
Row 14) p3, k7, p15, k7, p3
Row 16) p2, k7, p17, k6, p3
Row 18) p1, k7, p18, k6, p3
Row 20) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 22) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 24) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 26) p1, k6, p28
Row 28) p1, k6, p28
Row 30) p1, k6, p28
Row 32) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 34) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 36) p1, k6, p17, k10, p1
Row 38) p1, k7, p18, k6, p3
Row 40) p2, k7, p17, k6, p3
Row 42) p3, k7, p15, k7, p3
Row 44) p4, k27, p4
Row 46) p5, k25, p5
Row 48) p7, k21, p7
Row 50) p12, k11, p12
Row 52) p all sts
Row 54) p all sts
Row 55) k all sts
C PATTERN – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
k all sts, all rows.
2 thoughts on “ALPHABET DISHCLOTH: C – OhLaLana!”
Thank you. These squares are so useful.
You’re welcome, I enjoy making them 🙂 And I’m happy you find them useful!