This is the first time (and only, in this project) that I will ask you to use 2 auxiliary cable needles. The technique can be somewhat uncomfortable, but the result is stunning 😊 Other than that, Block 7 is very easy.
However… Remember my post about knitting mistakes, from last year’s KAL? Well, I did remember it perfectly while blocking this square. Look at the bottom of the central cable. That’s what happens when you don’t cross the cable needles correctly when instructed 🙈
Enjoy your knitting,
PS: if you want to share your progress in social media, please use the hashtag #ohlalanaMKAL2022. That helps me a lot and I love to see photos of your knitting!
Did you just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can join at any time. You can follow it for free here during the KAL (see all general information for this MKAL for intermediate knitters HERE), or purchase your entry at any point either HERE in my website or in Ravelry HERE. At the moment you join, you’ll receive all the patterns shared so far.
Naturally, if you support me on Patreon, you’ll also receive all PDF files 🙂
- CO: cast on
- BO: bind off
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
- yo: yarn over
- pyo: pass previous yarn over
- k2tog: knit 2 sts together
- skp: slip 1 st as if to knit, knit 1 st, pass the slipped st over
- 3F1, 3F2, k3, backF1, k3F2, k3backF1: slip 3 sts to cable needle #1 and hold in front, slip 3 sts to cable needle #2 and hold in front, k next 3 sts, pass cable needle #1 to the back and hold it there, k3 from cable needle #2, k3 from cable needle #1.
- 3B1, 3B2, k3, frontB1, k3B2, k3frontB1: slip 3 sts to cable needle #1 and hold in back, slip 3 sts to cable needle #2 and hold in back, k next 3 sts, pass cable needle #1 to the front and hold it there, k3 from cable needle #2, k3 from cable needle #1.
– CO 70 sts with US 6 (4 mm) needles.
– With US 4 (3.5 mm) needles, knit 6 rows. In the last row, increase 3 sts distribuited (73 sts).
– Continue working as follows:
5 garter sts, BLOCK N°7 pattern over 63 sts, 5 garter sts
Work 5 times the Block N°7 pattern complete and then rows 1) to 9) again.
– Knit 6 rows, decreasing 3 sts in the first row to return to a total stitch count of 70.
– Bind off with US 6 (4 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
– Block your square to its final measures. You can read my post on blocking if you need more info.
Did you just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can join at any time. You can follow it for free here during the KAL, or purchase your entry at any point either HERE in my website or in Ravelry HERE. At the moment you join, you’ll receive all the patterns shared so far.
Remember that if you support me in Patreon you already have a copy of this pattern ready to download in my Patreon page.
Do you want more squares?
All blocks in my Blanket MKAL 2021 have the same size (stitches and rows) than the one I’ll be sharing this year. So, if you want to make a larger blanket, those squares will be perfect!
© Cecilia Fameli, 2022.
You’re welcome to sell your items produced from Oh La Lana! patterns! But you may not re-sale or re-distribute commercially my patterns in any manner. Thank you in advance for being respectful with my work!