My “LOVE” dishcloth is the 2nd Valentine’s beginner pattern I have for you this year. If you missed the 1st (VALENTINES dishcloth) click HERE.
If you want to add the pattern to your Ravelry library, click HERE.
THE ENTIRE PATTERN (written and charted) IS BELOW.
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Work 18 rows in stocking stitch with 4 garter sts at each side (i.e., knit all sts in odd rows, and k4, p35, k4 in even rows).
– Now work the “LOVE” pattern, with 4 garter sts at each side (16 rows).
– Work 21 rows more in stocking stitch with 4 garter sts at each side, as you did before the “LOVE” pattern.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
Stocking Stitch (or Stockinette Stitch)
Row 1) (RS) k all row
Row 2) (WS) p all row
Repeat these two rows.
“LOVE” pattern – row by row
Row 1) (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p2, k7, p2, k5, p4, k3, p3, k7, p2
Row 3) k all sts
Row 4) p2, k7, p1, k7, p2, k5, p2, k7, p2
Row 5) k all sts
Row 6) p2, k3, p5, k3, p1, k3, p2, k5, p2, k3, p6
Row 7) k all sts
Row 8) p2, k3, p5, k2, p3, k2, p1, k3, p1, k3, p1, k6, p3
Row 9) k all sts
Row 10) p2, k3, p5, k2, p3, k2, p1, k3, p1, k3, p1, k6, p3
Row 11) k all sts
Row 12) p2, k3, p5, k3, p1, k3, p1, k2, p3, k2, p1, k3, p6
Row 13) k all sts
Row 14) p2, k3, p5, k7, p1, k2, p3, k2, p1, k7, p2
Row 15) k all sts
Row 16) p2, k3, p6, k5, p2, k2, p3, k2, p1, k7, p2
LOVE dishcloth knitting pattern (52SP sized) – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
Do you want to support (or keep supporting) my work?
You can now buy the final PDF file containing all patterns of my 52 Square Pickup KAL HERE. 117 pages that include all variations, plus photos, charts and control tables for each, general instructions and a very useful Blanket Sizes table. And, as an extra gift, you’ll also get the PDF file for two B sides (INTO THE FOREST and DIAMONDS). Therefore, a total of 58 patterns! As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” book it could be a great resource for your future projects.