PATTERN 10: TRIANGLES II
Can you believe that we’re almost at 20% of our yearly project??
You can add this pattern to your Ravelry library by clicking HERE.
Remember that, in case you need more patterns to add to this project, I recently adapted all patterns from my “12 Blocks for Xmas” blanket to the same number of stitches and rows than the “52 Square Pickup” ones. You can find them HERE.
You just find this MKAL?
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE February 2020
The entire pattern is below.
The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE for each block: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 10: TRIANGLES II
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, TRIANGLES II pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 3 times the TRIANGLES II pattern complete + rows 1) to 7) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
TRIANGLES II Pattern
(Over a multiple of 8 sts. I added 3 more sts to adjust for our needed 35.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 4 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) k all sts
Row 2) k2, p1, [k7, p1]
Row 3) k all sts
Row 4) k1, p2, [p1, k5, p2]
Row 5) k all sts
Row 6) p3, [p2, k3, p3]
Row 7) k all sts
Row 8) p3, [p3, k1, p4]
Row 9) k all sts
Row 10) k3, [k3, p1, k4]
Row 11) k all sts
Row 12) k3, [k2, p3, k3]
Row 13) k all sts
Row 14) p1, k2, [k1, p5, k2]
Row 15) k all sts
Row 16) p2, k1, [p7, k1]
TRIANGLES II Stitch Pattern – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (4 times horizontally in the case of this block).