I was asked for some clarification about my Mystery Lace Blanket KAL 2020 versions. It seems some people thought they should have to wait for the third pattern to be released to start the seamless version, so I better clarify some things.
Version 1: Individual blocks
- 15 blocks, with a different lace pattern for each.
- each square is 12” x 12” after blocking.
- 6 rows of garter stitch at each end of the block (top and bottom).
- 5 garter sts at each side of the block.
- you can change the blocks distribution before joining them at the end.
Version 2: Seamless blanket
By following my instructions you’ll end up with a blanket that has:
- 15 sections of approx. 4” (10 cm), each one featuring a different lace pattern.
- 8 rows of garter st at each end (top and bottom of the blanket).
- 6 garter sts at each side of the blanket.
- 4 rows of garter st between lace patterns.
- you CAN’T change the lace patterns distribution unless you wait for me to share all 15 to start knitting.
You’re welcome to change things to your liking. For instance, you could add a crochet border to each square before joining them. Or use a provisional cast-on for the seamless version. Or knit the beginning and ending rows (and lateral stitches) with a different stitch than garter. But any modification you decide to do is your own. I can help by answering questions, but it would be impossible for me to provide detailed instructions for each knitter’s modification ideas.
Please: write below any question, suggestion or comment you may have. I always try to answer all of them, as quickly as I can.
PS: sorry about blotches, mistakes, etc. in my photos. My bullet journal was supposed to be for my eyes only, but I thought this photo was the easier and faster way to answer. And especially, sorry about the doodles! I’m horrible at drawing, but I enjoy a lot doing it anyway 😄 Now you know me a little bit more!