ALPHABET DISHCLOTH: L
If you want to add this pattern to your Ravelry library, click here.
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE.
- 1 straight needle US 7 (4.5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
- 1 pair of straight needles US 6 (4 mm).
- Approx. 70 yds (64 m) of DK yarn (8 ply). OR 140 yds (128 m) of light fingering yarn (approx 3 ply) USED DOUBLE.
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
GAUGE / TENSION
21 sts x 28 rows in stocking st with US 6 (4 mm needles) and DK yarn = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
NOTE: the gauge / tension is not particularly important to make dishcloths. The final measure of my square, with my tension, is 8.5” x 8.5” (22 cm x 22 cm).
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working for 55 rows as follows:
4 garter sts, L Pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
L PATTERN: WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Row 1) and every following odd row (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p all sts
Row 4) p all sts
Row 6) p2, k31, p2
Row 8) p2, k31, p2
Row 10) p2, k31, p2
Row 12) p2, k31, p2
Row 14) p2, k31, p2
Row 16) p4, k6, p18, k5, p2
Row 18) p4, k6, p18, k5, p2
Row 20) p4, k6, p25
Row 22) p4, k6, p25
Row 24) p4, k6, p25
Row 26) p4, k6, p25
Row 28) p4, k6, p25
Row 30) p4, k6, p25
Row 32) p4, k6, p25
Row 34) p4, k6, p25
Row 36) p4, k6, p25
Row 38) p4, k6, p25
Row 40) p4, k6, p25
Row 42) p4, k6, p25
Row 44) p2, k10, p23
Row 46) p2, k10, p23
Row 48) p2, k10, p23
Row 50) p2, k10, p23
Row 52) p all sts
Row 54) p all sts
Row 55) k all sts
L PATTERN – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
k all sts, all rows.
2 thoughts on “ALPHABET DISHCLOTH: L”
Hi, I’m grateful for these free patterns. However I would like to have C and S and K.want to make letter afghans for grands. Thanks
Hello Cynthia! You can find A to L here:
I’m working on M and N right now, but S will be in my blog shortly (in about a week or 10 days, I think).