HOURGLASS dishcloth knitting pattern: Block 48 of 52SP
To see this pattern in Ravelry click HERE.
Remember that, in case you need more patterns to add to this project, I adapted all patterns from my “12 Blocks for Xmas” blanket to the same number of stitches and rows than the “52 Square Pickup” ones. You can find them HERE.
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “52-SQUARE PICKUP: An all year round KAL”.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
The entire pattern is below.
You can also find this pattern in my collection “52 SQUARE PICKUP: Patterns 41 to 52” HERE. As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” mini book it could be a great resource for your future projects.
The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE for each block: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 48: HOURGLASS
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, HOURGLASS pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 3 times the HOURGLASS pattern complete + rows 1) to 7) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
HOURGLASS Stitch Pattern
(Over a multiple of 14 sts. I added 7 more sts to reach our needed 35.)
Row 1) (RS) [p3, k1, p10], p3, k1, p3
Row 2) k3, p1, k3, [p7, k3, p1, k3]
Row 3) [p2, k3, p2, k7], p2, k3, p2
Row 4) k2, p3, k2, [k1, p5, k3, p3, k2]
Row 5) [p1, k5, p2, k5, p1], p1, k5, p1
Row 6) k1, p5, k1, [k2, p3, k3, p5, k1]
Row 7) [k7, p2, k3, p2], k7
Row 8) p7, [k3, p1, k3, p7]
Row 9) [p10, k1, p3], p7
Row 10) p7, [k3, p1, k3, p7]
Row 11) [k7, p2, k3, p2], k7
Row 12) k1, p5, k1, [k2, p3, k3, p5, k1]
Row 13) [p1, k5, p2, k5, p1], p1, k5, p1
Row 14) k2, p3, k2, [k1, p5, k3, p3, k2]
Row 15) [p2, k3, p2, k7], p2, k3, p2
Row 16) k3, p1, k3, [p7, k3, p1, k3]
HOURGLASS Stitch Pattern – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the the chart as many times as you need (2 times horizontally, in case of this block).
Do you want more 52SP sized patterns?
You can now buy the final PDF file containing all patterns of my 52 Square Pickup KAL HERE. 117 pages that include all variations, plus photos, charts and control tables for each, general instructions and a very useful Blanket Sizes table. And, as an extra gift, you’ll also get the PDF file for two B sides (INTO THE FOREST and DIAMONDS). Therefore, a total of 58 patterns! As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” book it could be a great resource for your future projects.
If you have any questions or suggestions,
feel free to send me a message!