VERTICAL dishcloth knitting pattern: Block 49 of 52SP
To see this pattern in Ravelry click HERE.
In case you need more patterns to add to this project, I adapted all patterns from my “12 Blocks for Xmas” blanket to the same number of stitches and rows than the “52 Square Pickup” ones. You can find them HERE.
You just find this MKAL?
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
The entire pattern is below.
BLOCK 49: VERTICAL
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, VERTICAL pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 55 rows in the VERTICAL pattern (therefore, started and finished with row 1) of the pattern).
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
VERTICAL Stitch Pattern
(Over a multiple of 9 sts. I added 8 more sts to reach our needed 35.)
Row 1) (RS) [k5, p1, k1, p1, k1], k5, p1, k1, p1
Row 2) p1, k1, p3, k2, p1, [p2, k1, p3, k2, p1]
VERTICAL Stitch Pattern – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the the chart as many times as you need (3 times horizontally, in case of this block).