UPDATE April 2019
The entire pattern is below.
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE or in my Etsy Shop HERE. Use code OHLALANA in my Etsy Shop to get a 50% off discount (because is $2 there). The PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
Good day to you all!!
The time has come to start our “12 Blocks for Xmas”, yay!!! 😀
If you missed the presentation for the Mystery KAL, you can find it here: Introduction.
I know some of you are a bit anxious (and so am I!) so, with no further ado, here’s the first block:
BLOCK 1: TRIANGLES
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 47 sts with US 8 (5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 7 (4.5 mm) needles, knit 3 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
3 garter sts, Stockinette Triangles Stitch over 41 sts, 3 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 9.25’’ (23.5 cm).
I knitted 8 times the Stockinette Triangles Stitch pattern + rows 1 to 5.
– Knit 3 rows.
– Bind off with US 8 (5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
Stockinette Triangles Stitch
(Over a multiple of 8 sts + 1)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, repeat them a total of 5 times.
Row 1) k1, [p7, k1]
Row 2) [p2, k5, p1], p1
Row 3) k1, [k2, p3, k3]
Row 4) [p4, k1, p3], p1
Row 5) p1, [p3, k1, p4]
Row 6) [k3, p3, k2], k1
Row 7) p1, [p1, k5, p2]
Row 8) [k1, p7], k1
Stockinette Triangles Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (5 times in the case of this block).
Did you like the first block? Did you find it hard/easy/boring/marvellous? 😉 Please, comment below, I’d love some feedback!!
I’ll post the next block on Monday, but I hope to see some photos of this one before 🙂