Block 12: Chevron
Hello there!! I share here the pattern for the last block of the blanket, this time with a double chevron design. Finally! I hope you like it, and prepare all the squares, blocking them if possible. On Thursday I will be writing the last article of this project, detailing 3 different ways to join the blocks.
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “12 Blocks for Xmas” A new free knitting project to make a blanket in blocks.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
BLOCK 12: CHEVRON
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 47 sts with US 8 (5 mm) needles.
– With US 7 (4.5 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working as follows:
3 garter sts, Chevron Stitch over 41 sts, 3 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 9.25’’ (23.5 cm).
I knitted 6 times the Chevron pattern complete + rows 1 to 7.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 8 (5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
(Over a multiple of 8 sts. I added 1 more st to adjust for our needed 41.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 5 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) [p1, k3, p1, k3], p1
Row 2) p1, [k1, p5, k1, p1]
Row 3) [k2, p1, k3, p1, k1], k1
Row 4) p1, [p2, k1, p1, k1, p3]
Row 5) [p1, k3, p1, k3], p1
Row 6) k1, [k1, p5, k2]
Row 7) [p3, k3, p2], p1
Row 8) p1, [k3, p1, k3, p1]
Row 9) [k2, p5, k1], k1
Row 10) p1, [p2, k3, p3]
Chevron Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (5 times horizontally in the case of this block).