Block 12: Chevron
Hello there!! I share here the pattern for the last block of the blanket, this time with a double chevron design. Finally! I hope you like it, and prepare all the squares, blocking them if possible. On Thursday I will be writing the last article of this project, detailing 3 different ways to join the blocks.
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “12 Blocks for Xmas” A new free knitting project to make a blanket in blocks.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE April 2019
The entire pattern is below.
You can now purchase the the entire “12 Blocks for Xmas” pattern collection (12 different patterns) HERE or in my ETSY shop HERE. The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 12: CHEVRON
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 47 sts with US 8 (5 mm) needles.
– With US 7 (4.5 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working as follows:
3 garter sts, Chevron Stitch over 41 sts, 3 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 9.25’’ (23.5 cm).
I knitted 6 times the Chevron pattern complete + rows 1 to 7.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 8 (5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
(Over a multiple of 8 sts. I added 1 more st to adjust for our needed 41.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 5 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) [p1, k3, p1, k3], p1
Row 2) p1, [k1, p5, k1, p1]
Row 3) [k2, p1, k3, p1, k1], k1
Row 4) p1, [p2, k1, p1, k1, p3]
Row 5) [p1, k3, p1, k3], p1
Row 6) k1, [k1, p5, k2]
Row 7) [p3, k3, p2], p1
Row 8) p1, [k3, p1, k3, p1]
Row 9) [k2, p5, k1], k1
Row 10) p1, [p2, k3, p3]
Chevron Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (5 times horizontally in the case of this block).
4 thoughts on “BLOCK 12 of 12 blocks of Xmas knitted blanket – OhLaLana!”
This has been a super fun project. I have kept up and have knit extra blocks to have a total of 20. Finishing #11 today and starting #12. Thank you so much for the patterns!
That’s a great production 🙂 Thank you!!!
Where is the first block to be knitted in the 12 blocks of Christmas mystery Kal
Hi Pearl! I’m sorry for the delayed anwser. You can find links to each block in the following page: https://ohlalana.com/oh-la-lana-knitting-blog/free-knitting-blanket-12-blocks-for-xmas/