Hello!! We start our “52-SQUARE PICKUP” KAL with a pattern that has a lot of texture: flags stitch pattern. I hope you like it as much as I do 🙂
Next block will be published next Friday. I’ll try to take this week to think about the best time to release each pattern. We are part of a global community and I know some of you are reading this on Saturday 5th!! It is so strange to try to work with different time zones… I’ll do my best and let you know.
See you soon!
PS: I already started with the Alphabet Dishcloths, did you see it? Letter A is ready! I plan to check all boxes in my 2019 goals list 🙂
You just find this MKAL?
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
BLOCK 1: FLAGS
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, FLAGS Stitch over 35 sts, 4 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 9 times the FLAGS pattern complete + row 1.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
(Over a multiple of 7 + 1 sts. I added 6 more sts to adjust for our needed 35.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 4 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) k1, [p1, k6], p1, k5
Row 2) p4, k2, [p5, k2], p1
Row 3) k1, [p3, k4], p3, k3
Row 4) p2, k4, [p3, k4], p1
Row 5) k1, [p5, k2], p5, k1
Row 6) k6, [p1, k6], p1
FLAGS Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (4 times horizontally in the case of this block).