PATTERN 41: FLOWERS stitch pattern
You can add this pattern to your Ravelry library by clicking HERE.
Remember that, in case you need more patterns to add to this project, I adapted all patterns from my “12 Blocks for Xmas” blanket to the same number of stitches and rows than the “52 Square Pickup” ones. You can find them HERE.
You just find this MKAL?
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE February 2020
The entire pattern is below.
The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE for each block: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 41: FLOWERS
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, FLOWERS pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 1 time the FLOWERS pattern complete + rows 1) to 27) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
FLOWERS Stitch Pattern
(Over a multiple of 18 sts. I added 17 more sts to reach our needed 35.)
Row 1) (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p7, k2, p8, [p8, k2, p8]
Row 3) [k7, p4, k7], k7, p4, k6
Row 4) p6, k4, p7, [p7, k4, p7]
Row 5) [k8, p2, k8], k8, p2, k7
Row 6) p3, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p4, [p4, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p4]
Row 7) [k3, p5, k2, p5, k3], k3, p5, k2, p5, k2
Row 8) p2, k5, p2, k5, p3, [p3, k5, p2, k5, p3]
Row 9) [k4, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k4], k4, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k3
Row 10) p7, k2, p8, [p8, k2, p8]
Row 11) [k7, p4, k7], k7, p4, k6
Row 12) p6, k4, p7, [p7, k4, p7]
Row 13) [k8, p2, k8], k8, p2, k7
Row 14) p all sts
Row 15) k all sts
Row 16) p16, k1, [k1, p16, k1]
Row 17) [p2, k14, p2], p2, k14, p1
Row 18) k1, p14, k2, [k2, p14, k2]
Row 19) [p1, k16, p1], p1, k16
Row 20) p2, k2, p8, k2, p2, k1, [k1, p2, k2, p8, k2, p2, k1]
Row 21) [k1, p5, k6, p5, k1], k1, p5, k6, p5
Row 22) k5, p6, k5, p1, [p1, k5, p6, k5, p1]
Row 23) [p1, k2, p2, k8, p2, k2, p1], p1, k2, p2, k8, p2, k2
Row 24) p16, k1, [k1, p16, k1]
Row 25) [p2, k14, p2], p2, k14, p1
Row 26) k1, p14, k2, [k2, p14, k2]
Row 27) [p1, k16, p1], p1, k16
Row 28) p all sts
FLOWERS Stitch Pattern – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the the chart as many times as you need (1 time horizontally, in case of this block).
Do you want to support (or keep supporting) my work? You can now buy the PDF file containing patterns 21 to 40 of my 52 Square Pickup KAL HERE. It includes all variations so you’ll have 24 patterns, plus photos, charts and control tables for each. As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” mini book it could be a great resource for your future projects. And all for the cost of 2 Venti!! 😆
REMEMBER that you can contact me at any time if you need help to adapt a pattern to make an entire blanket or dishtowel with it. I’ll be happy to help 🙂
Did you miss the PDF file for patterns 1 to 20? Don’t worry, is still available for purchase HERE.