HASH knitting pattern for dishcloths or blocks
The entire HASH knitting pattern is written and charted below, ready to be used to make dishcloths, washcloths, blanket or rug blocks… 🙂
If you want to add my HASH knitting pattern to your Ravelry library, click here.
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE. Or the ENTIRE COLLECTION! (look at the end of this post).
If you support me on Patreon, you can find the PDF ready to download there 🙂
- 1 straight needle US 7 (4.5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
- 1 pair of straight needles US 6 (4 mm).
- Approx. 70 yds (64 m) of DK yarn (8 ply). OR 140 yds (128 m) of light fingering yarn (approx 3 ply) USED DOUBLE.
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
GAUGE / TENSION
21 sts x 28 rows in stocking st with US 6 (4 mm needles) and DK yarn = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
NOTE: the gauge / tension is not particularly important to make dishcloths. The final measure of my square, with my tension, is 8.5” x 8.5” (22 cm x 22 cm).
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working for 55 rows as follows:
4 garter sts, HASH over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
HASH knitting pattern: WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Row 1) and every following odd row (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p all sts
Row 4) p all sts
Row 6) p all sts
Row 8) p all sts
Row 10) p5, k5, p8, k5, p12
Row 12) p6, k5, p8, k5, p11
Row 14) p6, k5, p8, k5, p11
Row 16) p7, k5, p8, k5, p10
Row 18) p7, k5, p8, k5, p10
Row 20) p2, k31, p2
Row 22) p2, k31, p2
Row 24) p2, k31, p2
Row 26) p8, k5, p8, k5, p9
Row 28) p8, k5, p8, k5, p9
Row 30) p9, k5, p8, k5, p8
Row 32) p2, k31, p2
Row 34) p2, k31, p2
Row 36) p2, k31, p2
Row 38) p10, k5, p8, k5, p7
Row 40) p10, k5, p8, k5, p7
Row 42) p11, k5, p8, k5, p6
Row 44) p11, k5, p8, k5, p6
Row 46) p12, k5, p8, k5, p5
Row 48) p all sts
Row 50) p all sts
Row 52) p all sts
Row 54) p all sts
Row 55) k all sts
HASH dishcloth knitting pattern: CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
k all sts, all rows.
Do you want to support (or keep supporting) my work? You can now buy the PDF file containing my patterns, photos and charts for numbers 0 to 9 AND patterns for Asterisk and Hash HERE.
All squares have the same number of stitches and rows. Therefore, you will be able to join them to make a blanket or rug that looks like a phone display: