PATTERN 29: INTO THE FOREST
Finished block photos: COMING SOON! :p
If you want to add this block to your Ravelry library, click here.
Remember that, in case you need more patterns to add to this project, I adapted all patterns from my “12 Blocks for Xmas” blanket to the same number of stitches and rows than the “52 Square Pickup” ones. You can find them HERE.
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “52-SQUARE PICKUP: An all year round KAL”.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE February 2020
The entire pattern is below.
You can also find this pattern in my collection “52 SQUARE PICKUP: Patterns 21 to 40” HERE. As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” mini book it could be a great resource for your future projects.
The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE for each block: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 29: INTO THE FOREST
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, INTO THE FOREST pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 3 times the INTO THE FOREST pattern complete + rows 1) to 7) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
INTO THE FOREST Pattern
(Over a multiple of 14 sts. I added 7 more sts to reach our needed 35.)
Row 1) (RS) [k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p7], k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1
Row 2) k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, [k8, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1]
Row 3) [p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p3, k3, p2], p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1
Row 4) k2, p1, k1, p1, k2, [k2, p3, k4, p1, k1, p1, k2]
Row 5) [p2, k1, p1, k1, p4, k3, p2], p2, k1, p1, k1, p2
Row 6) k3, p1, k3, [k10, p1, k3]
Row 7) [p3, k1, p10], p3, k1, p3
Row 8) k7, [p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k7]
Row 9) [p7, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1], p7
Row 10) k7, [k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k8]
Row 11) [p2, k3, p3, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1], p2, k3, p2
Row 12) k2, p3, k2, [k2, p1, k1, p1, k4, p3, k2]
Row 13) [p2, k3, p4, k1, p1, k1, p2], p2, k3, p2
Row 14) k7, [k3, p1, k10]
Row 15) [p10, k1, p3], p7
Row 16) p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, [k7, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1]
INTO THE FOREST Stitch Pattern – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Work the grey part as many times as the pattern calls for (2 times horizontally, in the case of this block).
If you want to support my work, you can buy the PDF file containing patterns 1 to 20 of my 52 Square Pickup KAL HERE. It includes all 20 patterns, photos, charts and control tables for each. As a “Beginner Stitch Patterns” mini book it could be a great resource for your future projects. And all for the cost of 2 Venti!! 😆
One thought on “INTO THE FOREST pattern: Block 29 of 52 Square Pickup”