LACE DISHCLOTH N°1 with 52SP size
Last week I shared with you the adaptations for N°2 and N°7 (if you missed them, they’re HERE).
Although the patterns are the same of my Mystery Lace Blanket KAL, I want to knit each one of them before sharing. Especially because I want to show you how they look with thicker yarn and fewer stitches. I wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing the instructions otherwise.
So, all in all, please be patient! I’m on it 🙌
THE ENTIRE PATTERN (written and charted) IS BELOW.
The materials, gauge and general characteristics of these blocks are the same as the ones in my 52 Square Pickup series. You can review them by clicking HERE.
- CO: cast on
- BO: bind off
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
- k2tog: knit 2 sts together
- skp: slip 1 st as if to knit, knit 1 st, pass the slipped st over
- SK2P: slip 1 st as if to knit, k2tog, pass the slipped st over
- yo: yarn over
LACE dishcloth pattern N°1
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, LACE N°1 pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
Work 6 times the LACE PATTERN N°1 complete and then rows 1) to 7) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
LACE dishcloth pattern N°1 – Written Instructions
- Over 18 sts and 8 rows. I added 17 more st to complete an internal space of 35 sts.
- Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 1 time.
Row 1) (RS) [p1, yo, k2, skp, yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k2tog, k2, yo, p2], p1, yo, k2, skp, yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k2tog, k2, yo, p1
Row 2) k1, p15, k1, [k2, p15, k1]
Row 3) [p1, k1, yo, k2, skp, k5, k2tog, k2, yo, k1, p2], p1, k1, yo, k2, skp, k5, k2tog, k2, yo, k1, p1
Row 4) k1, p15, k1, [k2, p15, k1]
Row 5) [p1, k2, yo, k2, skp, k3, k2tog, k2, yo, k2, p2], p1, k2, yo, k2, skp, k3, k2tog, k2, yo, k2, p1
Row 6) k1, p15, k1, [k2, p15, k1]
Row 7) [p1, k3, yo, k2, skp, k1, k2tog, k2, yo, k3, p2], p1, k3, yo, k2, skp, k1, k2tog, k2, yo, k3, p1
Row 8) k1, p15, k1, [k2, p15, k1]
LACE dishcloth pattern N° 1 – Chart
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (1 time horizontally in the case of this block).