Number 7 Knitting pattern (NUMBERS Series)
The entire pattern is written and charted below, ready to be used to make dishcloths, washcloths, blanket or rug blocks… 🙂
If you want to add my number 7 knitting pattern to your Ravelry library, click here.
You can also purchase the pattern in a high quality PDF file for $1 HERE. If you support me on Patreon, you can find the PDF ready to download there 🙂
Did you missed the previous numbers? You can find them in the following pages:
- NUMBER 1: https://ohlalana.com/1-knitting-pattern/
- NUMBERS 2 & 3: https://ohlalana.com/numbers-series-2-and-3/
- NUMBER 4: https://ohlalana.com/4-knitting-pattern/
- NUMBER 5: https://ohlalana.com/number-5-dishcloth/
- NUMBER 6: https://ohlalana.com/number-6-dishcloth/
- 1 straight needle US 7 (4.5 mm) for Casting on and Binding Off sts.
- 1 pair of straight needles US 6 (4 mm).
- Approx. 70 yds (64 m) of DK yarn (8 ply). OR 140 yds (128 m) of light fingering yarn (approx 3 ply) USED DOUBLE.
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends and scissors.
GAUGE / TENSION
21 sts x 28 rows in stocking st with US 6 (4 mm needles) and DK yarn = 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm)
NOTE: the gauge / tension is not particularly important to make dishcloths. The final measure of my square, with my tension, is 8.5” x 8.5” (22 cm x 22 cm).
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working for 55 rows as follows:
4 garter sts, Number 7 Pattern over 35 sts, 4 garter sts.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
Number 7 dishcloth knitting pattern: WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Row 1) and every following odd row (RS) k all sts
Row 2) p all sts
Row 4) p all sts
Row 6) p11, k8, p16
Row 8) p11, k8, p16
Row 10) p12, k8, p15
Row 12) p12, k8, p15
Row 14) p13, k8, p14
Row 16) p14, k8, p13
Row 18) p14, k8, p13
Row 20) p15, k8, p12
Row 22) p16, k8, p11
Row 24) p16, k8, p11
Row 26) p17, k8, p10
Row 28) p18, k8, p9
Row 30) p18, k8, p9
Row 32) p19, k8, p8
Row 34) p20, k8, p7
Row 36) p20, k8, p7
Row 38) p21, k8, p6
Row 40) p22, k8, p5
Row 42) p5, k7, p10, k8, p5
Row 44) p5, k25, p5
Row 46) p5, k25, p5
Row 48) p5, k25, p5
Row 50) p5, k25, p5
Row 52) p all sts
Row 54) p all sts
Row 55) k all sts
Number 7 dishcloth knitting pattern: CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
k all sts, all rows.
2 thoughts on “Number 7 knitting pattern”
number 7 knitting pattern is easy to learn as everything is discussed in detail