Block 8: Windmills
Hello!! Today I’m in a rush. I have so many Yaguareté orders to finish! 🙂 I leave you below the pattern for Block 8 of our “12 blocks of Xmas” blanket, featuring Windmills stitch.
Talk to you soon!
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “12 Blocks for Xmas” A new free knitting project to make a blanket in blocks.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
BLOCK 8: WINDMILLS
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 47 sts with US 8 (5 mm) needles.
– With US 7 (4.5 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working as follows:
3 garter sts, Windmills Stitch over 41 sts, 3 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 9.25’’ (23.5 cm).
I knitted 4 times the Windmills pattern complete + rows 1 to 11.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 8 (5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
(Over a multiple of 12 sts. I added 5 more st to adjust for our needed 41.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 3 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) [p6, k6], p5
Row 2) k5, [p5, k1, p1, k5]
Row 3) [p4, k2, p2, k4], p4, k1
Row 4) p2, k3, [p3, k3, p3, k3]
Row 5) [p2, k4, p4, k2], p2, k3
Row 6) p4, k1, [p1, k5, p5, k1]
Row 7) [k6, p6], k5
Row 8) k5, [p6, k6]
Row 9) [k1, p5, k5, p1], k1, p4
Row 10) k3, p2, [k2, p4, k4, p2]
Row 11) [k3, p3, k3, p3], k3, p2
Row 12) k1, p4, [k4, p2, k2, p4]
Row 13) [k5, p1, k1, p5], k5
Row 14) p5, [k6, p6]
Windmills Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (3 times horizontally in the case of this block).