Block 9: Polka Dots!
Hello my knitting friends!! I keep working hard for Yaguareté, to make sure all orders arrive in time for Christmas. But I also work hard for this KAL too 🙂 Today’s block IS NOT the original one that I have planned to publish today, but a new one. In a rush of inspiration, I decided yesterday that I wanted some knitted polka dots in this blanket (I loooove polka dots). So here I am, with my Polka Dots Block!! And it comes with a twist: you have to choose which side you like the most.
PS: do you like Teapot Cosies?
You just find this MKAL?
Don’t worry, you can start now! Look for more info in the following page: “12 Blocks for Xmas” A new free knitting project to make a blanket in blocks.
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE April 2019
The entire pattern is below.
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 9: POLKA DOTS
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 47 sts with US 8 (5 mm) needles.
– With US 7 (4.5 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
– Continue working as follows:
3 garter sts, Polka Dots Stitch over 41 sts, 3 garter sts (see the stitch glossary below) until you have a total length of 9.25’’ (23.5 cm).
I knitted 6 times the Polka Dots pattern complete + rows 1 to 7.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 8 (5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
Polka Dots Stitch
(Over a multiple of 20 sts. I added 1 more st to adjust for our needed 41.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 2 times, horizontally.
Row 1) [p3, k4, p7, k4, p2], p1
Row 2) k1, [k3, p4, k5, p4, k4]
Row 3) [p5, k11, p4], p1
Row 4) k1, [k4, p11, k5]
Row 5) [p5, k11, p4], p1
Row 6) k1, [k3, p4, k5, p4, k4]
Row 7) [p3, k4, p7, k4, p2], p1
Row 8) p1, [p5, k9, p6]
Row 9) [k6, p9, k5], k1
Row 10) p1, [p5, k9, p6]
Polka Dots Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (2 times horizontally in the case of this block).