Hello! How are you?
After 2 very hot days here in Buenos Aires, which I spent almost entirely knitting under my AC, I have a lot to share!
I decided to start with this block because I know many people is waiting for it 🙂 But later I’ll write again to share 2 patterns from my Alphabet series and, if I have enough time, my “You are loved” baby hats with textured heart.
Have a wondeful day!
You just find this MKAL?
You’re also welcome to join our Ravelry group.
UPDATE February 2020
The entire pattern is below.
The high quality PDF file includes:
- gauge/tension info and materials
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- row-by-row CONTROL TABLE for each block: specially prepared for novice knitters, with integrated instructions for the block pattern AND edge stitches, to avoid confusion. You can use the table cells to check each row as you finish it, and there is a column for every repeat of the pattern you need to make according to the instructions. A great resource to print and check your progress as you knit.
BLOCK 5: GROWING LEAVES
- CO: cast on
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- st: stitch
- k: knit
- p: purl
– CO 43 sts with US 7 (4.5 mm) needles.
|I always cast on and bind off stitches with larger needles than I use for the main work. This prevent my cast on and bind off rows from being too tight.|
– With US 6 (4 mm) needles, knit 4 rows.
|Slip first stitch on every row as if you were to knit it, but without knitting it (except on the first row). It will form a neat and sturdy border.|
– Continue working as follows:
4 garter sts, GROWING LEAVES Stitch over 35 sts, 4 garter sts until you have a total length of 8’’ (20.5 cm).
I knitted 9 times the GROWING LEAVES pattern complete + row 1) again.
– Knit 4 rows.
– Bind off with US 7 (4.5 mm) needle. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
k all sts, all rows.
GROWING LEAVES Stitch
(Over a multiple of 17 sts. I added 1 more st to adjust for our needed 35.)
Repeat instructions between brackets as many times as needed. For this block, make them a total of 2 times, horizontally.
Row 1) (RS) [k1, p4, k4, p4, k4], k1
Row 2) p1, [p3, k4, p10]
Row 3) [k5, p4, k2, p4, k2], k1
Row 4) p1, [p1, k4, p2, k1, p1, k4, p4]
Row 5) [k3, p4, k6, p4], k1
Row 6) p1, [p8, k1, p2, k4, p2]
GROWING LEAVES Stitch – CHART
- Read all odd rows from right to left, and all even rows from left to right.
- Repeat the grey painted part as many times as the pattern calls for (2 times horizontally in the case of this block).